TIPS® Gaming Certification
TIPS® is a dynamic skill-based training program developed by Health Communications, Inc. (HCI), an internationally recognized expert in alcohol server/seller training, to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking. The program enhances the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol, equipping them with the tools and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems in order to effectively intervene and prevent alcohol-related tragedies. When patrons in gaming settings are receiving complimentary cocktails, they often have trouble moderating their alcohol consumption. The TIPS® Gaming program is tailored to servers at casinos, gaming halls, riverboats, and other gaming venues. Using a practical, common-sense approach, participants learn strategies for handling patrons who are intoxicated and preventing underage consumption.
At the completion of the course, participants will be prepared to take the TIPS® certification exam. Earning a 70% or higher on the exam will merit a TIPS® certification valid for three years in most states.
Proper alcohol service is a responsibility we all share, and risk management training is essential to providing a positive, proactive and holistic approach to responsible alcohol service. Protect your patrons, your brand, your business and your profits by increasing professional skills, competency and compliance in any gaming setting. The TIPS® program is recognized as an effective risk-reduction program by federal, state and local jurisdictions and meets or exceeds requirements for local regulatory compliance.
Upon course completion, participants will be prepared to:
- Understand the legal ramifications of serving alcohol, including the role of the state liquor regulatory authority, alcohol service laws and regulations.
- Differentiate between individuals above and below the legal age to purchase or consume alcohol.
- Differentiate between individuals enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol.
- Handle difficult situations and work with law enforcement in a variety of settings.
- Prevent alcohol-related problems and handle alcohol-related situations with greater confidence.
- Establish responsible practices for serving alcohol and earn discounts on liquor liability insurance.
- TIPS® Gaming Participant Manual
- TIPS® Certification Exam, Exam Answer Sheet
Who Should Attend
- Owners, Directors, Managers, Supervisors
- Servers, Bartenders, Hosts / Hostesses, Bus Personnel
- Dealers, Pit Bosses, Security, Valet, Room Service
Paster Training, Inc. would be pleased to conduct a training session at your location. The class can be customized to your specific requirements. Classes are scheduled as four hour sessions. Private classes require a minimum of 10 participants and a maximum of 35.
To schedule a private class, please contact Paster Training, Inc. for a training quote.